About the Position
The Accessibility Trainer will be working in a fast-paced environment and
will work closely with other teams across the organization to create the greatest
training model for our team and clients. Your role will help equip individuals with
the accessibility knowledge they need to ensure successful delivery of accessible
As the Accessibility Trainer you will work with our Sales team to:
- Create accessible training materials
- Create and deliver educational materials, workshops, and trainings
remotely and/or in person
- Be a vocal and confident advocate of accessibility
- Advocate for others across AbleDocs to adopt accessibility best practices
- Help strengthen cross-collaboration to create accessible experiences
- Support ongoing accessibility advocacy and learning
- Motivate and uplift accessibility partners
- Create and conduct outreach training
- Develops training plans and document
- Conduct internal training accessibility audits.
- Provide feedback to clients on the accessibility results and remediation
- Design and develop curriculum for Accessibility Training to include
- Assess training and identify gaps for remediation
Other duties as required
- 5+ years training experience
- 3+ years in a role focusing on disability inclusion or digital accessibility
- College or University education or combination of schooling and work
- Strong understanding of all Microsoft Suite Products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Strong understanding of Adobe Acrobat PDF
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Shows initiative to not only support, but also to improve the organization.
- Demonstrate collaborative behavior and a “team-first” attitude.
- Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet training
deadlines and client needs.
- Highly organized and focused individual
- Must have a high level of initiative, flexibility, and confidentiality.
- Strong knowledge of project management software including Word, Excel
and PowerPoint along with exposure to PDF documents.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Work as a part of a team and independently.
- Bonus points for experience with digital accessibility concepts (WCAG, PDF/UA
- Bonus points for experience with HTML trainings
Life at AbleDocs
AbleDocs continues to expand and has many opportunities for growth. We offer full employment packages, including full-time salaries, flexible work hours, employee benefits, bonuses, and participation in our profit-sharing program.
We will work with you to establish deep and professional knowledge of the technologies we use, support you with training for your ongoing learning and development and support you within our collaborative environment.
Strong communication skills are a key part of your success with us as this is a remote working environment.
AbleDocs is committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants. Please let us know if you require any accommodations throughout the hiring process. We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.