Digital Accessibility Specialist
About the Position
The Digital Accessibility Specialist will be working in our ADAudit team supporting our clients in the development, implementation, and monitoring of digital accessibility. Your role will help equip our clients with accessibility measurements using manual accessibility testing and knowledge they need to ensure successful delivery of accessible digital products.
As the Digital Accessibility Specialist, you will work with our ADAudit team to:
- Assess digital products (i.e., websites, applications, documents) for accessibility.
- Provide feedback to clients on the accessibility results and remediation options.
- Provide consultation and training for clients during their accessibility journey.
- Be a vocal and confident advocate of accessibility.
- Support ongoing accessibility advocacy and learning.
- Other duties as required.
- 3+ years in a role focusing on disability inclusion or digital accessibility.
- High level of knowledge of digital accessibility and testing for WCAG compliance.
- Experience performing accessibility audits using assistive and automated technologies such as VoiceOver, TalkBack, NVDA and WAVE.
- Strong understanding of all Microsoft Suite Products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Strong understanding of Adobe Acrobat PDF.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Shows initiative to not only support, but also to improve the organisation.
- Demonstrate collaborative behavior and a “team-first” attitude.
- Ability to take constructive criticism from others and make required changes.
- Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet deadlines and client needs.
- Highly organized and focused individual.
- Must have a high level of initiative, flexibility, and confidentiality.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Work as a part of a team and independently.
Life at AbleDocs
AbleDocs continues to expand and has many opportunities for growth. We offer full employment packages, including full-time salaries, flexible work hours, employee benefits, bonuses, and participation in our profit-sharing program.
We will work with you to establish deep and professional knowledge of the technologies we use, support you with training for your ongoing learning and development and support you within our collaborative environment.
Strong communication skills are a key part of your success with us as this is a remote working environment.
AbleDocs is committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants. Please let us know if you require any accommodations throughout the hiring process. We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.