Senior Graphic Designer
About the Position
As Senior Graphic Designer, you will create engaging and creative graphics to visually represent the AbleDocs brand! You will be responsible for all aspects of graphic design, from planning out illustrations or infographics to managing marketing materials such as social media posts and emails. You must be creative, outside of the box thinker, and looking to exercise your creative side in a challenging, fun, fast paced environment. The individual is required to follow and contribute to the current brand guidelines while creating with consistency and bringing energy and new ideas to the team.
This position is part of the Marketing and Communications Team of AbleDocs your roles and responsibilities are, but not limited to;
- Assist with the growth and development of existing and new initiatives at AbleDocs via our websites, social media, blog page, and other marketing materials.
- Schedule and prioritize projects.
- Prepare rough mock-up drafts and present ideas.
- Engage with other departments, working closely together to ensure design briefs are delivered to the highest standard and within tight timeframes;
- Ideate and execute advertising templates that can be streamlined across multiple projects.
- Follow and apply brand guidelines accurately, keen eye for detail.
- Work with other members of the Marketing and Communications Team to produce final design.
- Create multiple variations of a task and adapt based on ad performance.
- Amend designs after feedback.
- Organize and maintain file management.
- Create marketing collateral/decks.
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand.
- Provide ALT-Text for all graphic design.
- Other related duties as required.
- 6+ years’ work experience.
- Post-secondary Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field is a plus.
- A strong portfolio of graphic design.
- Proven graphic design experience and understanding of design principles.
- Understanding of accessibility best practices and how it applies to digital ads.
- Previous experience in Print and UI
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines.
- Experience with video editing and animation a plus (Premiere Pro, After Effects).
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet timelines.
- Self-motivated person who can produce results with minimal oversight.
- Strong Microsoft Office experience; Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiar and comfortable with remote work.
Life at AbleDocs
AbleDocs continues to expand and has many opportunities for growth. We offer full employment packages, including full-time salaries, flexible work hours, employee benefits, bonuses, and participation in our profit-sharing program.
We will work with you to establish deep and professional knowledge of the technologies we use, support you with training for your ongoing learning and development and support you within our collaborative environment.
Strong communication skills are a key part of your success with us as this is a remote working environment.
AbleDocs is committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants. Please let us know if you require any accommodations throughout the hiring process. We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.